Jimmy Walker Ltd.
Jimmy Walker is the President of Jimmy Walker, Ltd, which provides sophisticated life insurance solutions to high profile Business Executives, Entertainers and Professional Athletes.
In 1974, Jimmy and a couple investors, including Reggie Jackson, purchased the World Team Tennis Organization the Denver Racquets and moved the team to Phoenix. The following year Jimmy purchased controlling interest in the Team and renamed them the Phoenix Racquets. In November of 1975, Jimmy signed Chris Evert, the number one tennis player in the world, to a three-year contract. In 1976, World Team Tennis chose Jimmy as WTT’s Executive of the Year.
In 1980 Jimmy was part of an investment group which purchased the Phoenix Giants baseball team in the AAA Pacific Coast League, and in 1986, Jimmy became a limited partner in the Phoenix Suns basketball team. Jimmy was also instrumental in selecting key investors for the Major League Baseball Expansion Team the Arizona Diamondbacks.
Due to his vision and desire to raise money to assist people in need, Jimmy Founded Celebrity Fight Night Foundation in 1994, where he is Chairman & CEO at the Phoenix, AZ Headquarters. In 2014, Jimmy partnered with Andrea Bocelli Foundation to bring Celebrity Fight Night international with a second annual event in Italy. Throughout its history the event has become one of the largest grossing charity events in the country and has given in excess of $90 Million to charity with the primary beneficiary the Barrow Neurological Institute, as well as proceeds benefitting St. Vincent de Paul Homeless Shelter, and many other worthy charities. Countless lives have been changed thanks to the tremendous generosity of Celebrity Fight Night’s supporters.
Recognized as one of the nation’s elite charity events, Celebrity Fight Night is a star-studded evening presented in honor of our featured guest, Muhammad Ali who Jimmy developed a relationship with not long after founding the charity. Celebrities and professional athletes from all over the world participate in a night filled with incredible Live Auction items and live musical performances by many of today’s brightest stars.
- Arizona Interfaith Darl Andersen Golden Rule Award — 2015
- Humanitarian Award from the Starkey Hearing Foundation along with Sir Richard Branson, and Ashton Kutcher — 2013
- Phoenix Business Journal Top 100 Community Leaders for significant contributions in Phoenix — 25 consecutive years
- Golden Karma Award for Outstanding Community Philanthropy in Metropolitan Phoenix — 2005
- Host to President George Bush, Sr. in his home for political fundraiser for Senator Jon Kyl — 2004
- Crisis Nursery’s Honorary Chairman for 2000 Charity Event — 2000
- National Association of Fund-Raising Executives Spirit of Philanthropy Award from St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center and Barrow Neurological Institute — 2000
- Man of the Year Phoenix Muscular Dystrophy Association — 1995
- Inducted into Phoenix High School Basketball Hall of Fame – 2016
- Trustee on the Barrow Neurological Foundation Board at St. Joseph’s Hospital
- Board of Director for the Phoenix Boys and Girls Club (former member)
- American Jewish Committee Award
- Barrow Neurological Center Award
Some of the celebrities who have participated in Celebrity Fight Night include Andrea Bocelli, Josh Groban, Michael Bublé, Céline Dion, Lionel Richie, Jennifer Lopez, Blake Shelton, Ronnie Dunn, Kelly Clarkson, Glenn Fry, Whitney Houston, Barry Manilow, Carrie Underwood, Miley Cyrus, Rod Stewart, Kenny Rogers, Clive Davis, Billy Crystal, Kevin Costner, Tom Hanks, Rita Wilson, Robert DeNiro, Halle Berry, Harrison Ford, Sharon Stone, Robin Williams, Sinbad, Dennis Quaid, Michael J. Fox, Bon Jovi, The Band Perry, Brian McKnight, Michael Bolton, Diana Ross, Dionne Warwick, Donna Summer, Jordin Sparks, Faith Hill, Sam Moore, The Village People, Magic Johnson, Charles Barkley, Shaquille O’Neal, Steve Nash, Russell Wilson, Kurt Warner, Joe Montana, John Elway, Troy Aikman, Larry Fitzgerald, President Donald Trump, Robert Kennedy, Jr., and many more. We are honored that David Foster has produced our entertainment for over 20 years and Reba McEntire has been our Emcee for over a decade.